Standard Brix Hydrometer w/Thermometer
Standard Brix Hydrometer that measures the Sugar content in must and wine. With built in thermometer for compensation.
Steps to Reading an Hydrometer:
1. Be sure the Hydrometer is clean and dry.
2. Use a smooth clear cylinder preferably 250 ml, rinsed with portion of sample.
3. Sample must be thoroughly mixed before testing, preferably by a stirrer which reaches the bottom of the sample container.
4. Immerse the Hydrometer slowly in liquid to a point below which it naturally sinks (not over 1/8").
5. Do not make reading until the hydrometer and liquid are at rest and free from air bubbles.
6. To avoid errors due to spontaneous changes in surface tension, skimming and formation of surface films of impurities from apparatus, liquid or air, overflow the cylinder immediately before taking the reading.
7. Observe a point below the plane of the liquid surface and then raise the line of vision until this surface, seen as an ellipse, becomes a straight line. The point where this line cuts the hydrometer is the reading of the instrument.
Winery-Brewery-Distillation Equipment & Supplies