The Prestige of Garbellotto Casks
Garbellotto Acacia casks and are produced from Acacai trees grown in Northern France. Primarily used for Sauvignon Blanc and delicate whites, it is gaining popularity in in Sonoma Country and the Central Coast of California. Wines aged in Acacai can have pronounced floral notes, improved texture and less of a woody taste. Especially for delicate wines, when oak can be overpowering, Acaia is a great choice for allowing the wines to fully express themselves! A Light Toast is usually perferred.
Garbellotto casks and barrels have been made in the same traditional method over the past 245 years. By keeping the technique of using direct fire to shape the staves, Garbellotto casks keep the full depth of their staves throughout the shaping process. Only after assembly does the toasting process begin as indicated by the customer.
In the final stages of production, the staves are softly planed and given a light coat of breathable, anti-mold paint to preserve and protect the cask from bacteria and outside elements.
The double concaved arching heads, symbolic of Garbellotto's products, keep the cask strong under internal pressures and eliminate the use of unsightly transversal wooden bars at the head.
The prestige, tradition and craftsmanship that goes into each cask and barrel leaving Garbellotto makes any cellar stand out in both beauty and taste.
Garbellotto Round 1000 Liter (264 Gallon) Oak Casks
- Wooden manhole door in the frontal head with stainless steel AISI 304 screws and a reinforced brass nut with wooden transversal piece
- AISI 304 stainless steel ball valve mounted in the manhole door with your choice of 40, 50 or 60 mm in diameter
- AISI 304 stainless steel sample valve mounted at the center of the cask's forehead
- Bung hole plug made of soft wood or silicone
- Two wooden cask supports fitted with breathable wooden slats
- Natural, breathable, transparent, anti-mold paint applied to the outside of the cask
- Red stripe added to the staves head for easier cleaning. Added upon request
- Galvanized iron hoops. Can be colored black upon request
- Glass airlock ported through the bung hole, located at the top of the cask
- Silicon gasket for included wooden door
|Optional Custom Engraving Available
- AISI 304 stainless steel manhole door installed in the frontal head, 240 mm x 460 mm
- AISI 304 stainless steel discharge pipe complete with ball valve and cap, installed through the bung hole, located at the bottom of the cask
- AISI stainless steel vent complete with overpressure valve, installed through the bung hole, located at the top of the cast
- Stainless steel cask stand to rotate the cask during fermentation
Stainless Steel Rotating Cask Stand