The Prestige of Garbellotto Casks
Garbellotto Acacia casks and are produced from Acacai trees grown in Northern France. Primarily used for Sauvignon Blanc and delicate whites, it is gaining popularity in in Sonoma Country and the Central Coast of California. Wines aged in Acacai can have pronounced floral notes, improved texture and less of a woody taste. Especially for delicate wines, when oak can be overpowering, Acaia is a great choice for allowing the wines to fully express themselves! A Light Toast is usually perferred.
Garbellotto casks and barrels have been made in the same traditional method over the past 245 years. By keeping the technique of using direct fire to shape the staves, Garbellotto casks keep the full depth of their staves throughout the shaping process. Only after assembly does the toasting process begin as indicated by the customer.
In the final stages of production, the staves are softly planed and given a light coat of breathable, anti-mold paint to preserve and protect the cask from bacteria and outside elements.
The double concaved arching heads, symbolic of Garbellotto's products, keep the cask strong under internal pressures and eliminate the use of unsightly transversal wooden bars at the head.
The prestige, tradition and craftsmanship that goes into each cask and barrel leaving Garbellotto makes any cellar stand out in both beauty and taste.
Garbellotto Round Oak Casks
- Wooden manhole door in the frontal head with stainless steel AISI 304 screws and a reinforced brass nut with wooden transversal piece
- AISI 304 stainless steel ball valve mounted in the manhole door with your choice of 40, 50 or 60 mm in diameter
- AISI 304 stainless steel sample valve mounted at the center of the cask's forehead
- Bung hole plug made of soft wood or silicone
- Two wooden cask supports fitted with breathable wooden slats
- Natural, breathable, transparent, anti-mold paint applied to the outside of the cask
- Red stripe added to the staves head for easier cleaning. Added upon request
- Galvanized iron hoops. Can be colored black upon request
- Glass airlock ported through the bung hole, located at the top of the cask
- AISI 304 stainless steel manhole door installed in the frontal head, 240 mm x 460 mm
- Silicon gasket for included wooden door
|Optional Custom Engraving Available
- AISI 304 stainless steel discharge pipe complete with ball valve and cap, installed through the bung hole, located at the bottom of the cask
- Temperature Control with AISI 316 Cooling Plates
- AISI stainless steel vent complete with overpressure valve, installed through the bung hole, located at the top of the cast
For special needs we can also supply the casks with other special accessories.
STAINLESS STEEL DOOR 18/8 AISI 304
Size 24 x 46 cm, easy to reach, complete with the valve requested. Fitted perfectly into one special central stave at the bottom end of the cask.
Wooden Door with Silicone Gasket
Fitted in a special central stave complete with stainless steel screw with a reinforced brass nut and a wooden transversal piece and a silicon gasket.
Total Drainage Group
Complete drainage piping assembliy in 304 Stainless Steel with Tri-Clover ball valve as requested, fitted to one central stave at the bottom of the cask.
Made of stainless steel 18/10 AISI 316 plates with double welding system and probe shaft. It can be fitted horizontally or vertically depending on the height of the vat. One plate for every 50 hl holding capacity.
Upper Closing Door with Tank Vent
304 Stainless Steel Door 16-22 cm diameter, 9 cm high, complete with Pressure Relief Valve also in 304 Stainless Steel