The SCORPION series centrifugal extractors represent the last evolutionary step of the Pieralisi decanter range. With their state-of-the-art technology in two and three phase running, they offer very high capacity and excellent yields.
The SCORPION series centrifugal extractors, at the same flow rate, significantly reduce the consumption of water, compared to the other Pieralisi extractors.
Setting of the feeding point
It is possible to extend the staying of the liquids (water – oil) or husk inside the bowl, depending on type, quality and conditions of the olives to be processed.
Setting of the liquids phases level
Inside the bowl it is possible to decrease or increase the volume of water and oil, increasing consequently the staying time, depending on type, quality and conditions of the olives.
Setting of the scroll revolutions
It is possible to adjust the differential speed of the scroll, modifying the staying time of the husk along the cone beach, and consequently its residual humidity and fats content, depending on type, quality and conditions of the olives.
-All parts in contact with the product are made of stainless steel.
-All parts subject to wear and tear (such as scroll, inlet product diffuser and husk outlet bushings) are coated with wear-proof materials.
-Soft starting by inverter.
-Electronic control of the bowl speed (rpm) and differential speed of the scroll (models with Rotovariator - optional).
-Optional alternate-motion huskscraper with pneumatic control.
-Insulation from the ground by anti-vibration supports.
When it comes to extraction, yield is a key factor in the final result. Pieralisi Group stands out for its long-standing success in this area. The ancient method of pressing by means of crushing gave way to the modern centrifuge-based system of extraction with the subsequent introduction of Decanters. These were, in fact, created to ensure that the oil is excellent in terms of yield, throughput and organoleptic quality.
A few years ago, after in-depth studies and meticulous designs, Pieralisi introduced DMF extraction technology, one of the company’s greatest accomplishments, as well as a cutting edge technological solution for the extraction of olive oil.
One advantage of this system is, since there is no need to add water when processing the olive drupes, the efficiency of the yield which remains stable even with unusually large productions.
This technology, which uses a two-phase system, produces a dehydrated pomace similar to that from a three-phase system which recovers the pulp from the pomace, called “pâté” (i.e. olive paste). In addition to the multiphase innovative technology, Pieralisi has a new range of centrifugal extractors for two and three phase processing which offer:
• high yields
• the need to add only a small amount of water for three-phase processing
• reversibility in two/three phase processing.
• Pieralisi extractors are all designed to maximise the oil yield which, as a matter of fact, is a key element.
• Electronic control of the bowl speed (rpm) and differential speed of the scroll via the new oil mill control panels.
• All of the parts subject to wear, such as the scroll, product inlet distributor and the pomace discharge bushes are coated with wear protection.
• The scroll in Pieralisi decanters are more durable for olive washing operations and have a unique rake on the back which greatly increases its durability. DMF technology
• Produces a dehydrated pomace similar to what comes out of a three-phase system.
• This technology has the advantages of processing without adding water (two-phase) plus the versatility of a decanter able to operate in either continuous or batch processing mode.
• This makes it possible to recover a certain quantity of pomace - called “pâté” - made up of wet pulp without any traces of kernels directly inside the bowl.
This pâté is ideal for various uses (e.g. soil conditioner, animal feed supplements, a possible ingredient for human consumption, mixed with other biomass for biogas production), thereby turning a by-product to be disposed of into added value for the miller.